Q. How do I find times cited for an article?
Use the Cited Reference Search feature in Web of Science. Web of Science provides citation information for articles from over 6,650 science and engineering journals, 1,950 social sciences journals, and 1,160 arts and humanities journals.
Step by step process:
- To find citations to most authors' works, you may do a Search using the author last name and initial(s) and the publication year. For entirely comprehensive search you should use the Cited Reference Search.
- Even when the complete citation is known, begin a search by entering only the cited author's last name and initials and cited work on this screen.
- Search using the first author's name of a multi-authored work.
- Always search using the ISI abbreviation for the cited work available from the journal abbreviation list link below the "Cited Work"search box.
- Click Search . The Cited Reference Index page will display the results. Find the paper of interest and look at the Citing Articles column to determine how many times the paper was cited.
- To see full article titles and journal titles on this page, click Show Expanded Titles.
- Click View record to go to the full record of a cited item as well as a link to the impact factor for that article's journal.
Was this helpful? 0 0